Friday, March 25, 2022

Sick Doggie!

I had a scare last night. Our new doggie (Chino, inherited from my daughter), 13 years old, stopped pooping, and was sluggish and moving slowly. Last night, after taking him out, he peed twice, then headed back to the house, without continuing our walk.

Once inside, he moved with his back arched like a bridge, very slowly, back to our bed. I tried to coax him to sit next to me, but he just stayed on the fuzzy blanket, with his head down. He didn't eat any of the food in his bowl.

I was very concerned. I talked to my husband, and we weighed the benefits of trying to find a 24 hour vet. We decided to keep an eye on him, and call the vet in the morning.

He was moving better in the morning. I decided to open a can of soft food, and skip the dry food mix. He scarfed it up, then went back to bed.

About an hour later, I shook his leash, and said, "Want a walk?" He trotted into the kitchen, and we headed out.

Once out, he kept pausing to eat some grass. He didn't seem to want a long walk, just relieved himself (and, FINALLY, after two days, did a #2). When we returned, he went back to bed, and is alert, but lying down.

I'm vastly relieved. I hate to imagine how tough it would have been to have to tell my daughter that her baby had gone to doggie heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment