Friday, July 22, 2022

So, Why Do I Do This?

Blog, that is.

It can't be the lengthy list of followers - although my daily 'hits' are generally good, most of the time, I have only a few commenters.

I'm not deluded ENOUGH to believe that my voice will, eventually, prove to be the defining one of this era.

It's definitely NOT for the money. I use Blogger, because it's free. I have paid backups elsewhere, but this is the one that has lasted the longest (in my previous blog, Right As Usual, and this one).

So why blog?

Because it's the easiest way to get something off my chest, without driving family and friends nuts (almost all of them are Progressive/Liberal in inclination). A few of that number agree with me - we exchange messages, without speaking out much publicly. I don't fault them for not speaking out in a public forum - they have a living to earn, and don't need to stir up the LeftBeast.

But, mostly, I'm shouting into the void.

Why?

Years ago, I read a short post by Connie du Toit. She died much too early, but in her rather short life, she had an impace. The most important of her posts dealt with this subject.

She wrote of the Remnant. They were the ones that remained faithful to their values. She said that she wrote for the Remnant, to encourage them to keep true to their beliefs.

There may only be a relatively small number of people who will read my blog, even fewer who will take my words to heart.

But, even if they fail to continue the fight, by writing, I keep the flame of Liberty in America alive.

We, who blog about an America we love, share that goal. As long as even ONE person keeps the flame going, there is a chance for clawing back freedom from tyranny. 

What drives us?

White Supremacy? No, we have many ethnicities who hold our values in common. In fact, the recent immigrants often uphold the old ideas with a fierce committment that surpasses the long-time citizens.

Some of the drive comes from seeing NumbNuts - Highly Educated (by Progressive Standards), but still NumbNuts - come up with their REALLY Shiny New Way of Improving Society!

Which New Way requires them to impose their idea on an unwilling population.

Unwilling? No Problem! They'll just impose HARDER!

Oh, well, I'm sure that will completely solve the problem, and the solution will work well.



I disagree. I believe it is because we are souls who have a body.

What is eternal in us is our soul; once we leave our body, we will continue to be the same, as our soul will stay the same.

7/22/2022


It is for those reasons that I would prefer that Trump bow out of the 2024 election race. He’s got a lot more on the ball than Slow Joe had in his prime. But, still, he’s not a young man, and in his first term, he made some errors - staffing, failure to reign in the Deep State, trusting the GOP leadership to secure the election process.

I’d be more comfortable with a younger man- or woman. Someone with political executive experience; in short, a successful governor. DeSantis comes to mind as, perhaps, the best choice of the pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment