Saturday, December 11, 2021

When Have You Ever Seen a Government Program that STAYS Temporary?

Short Answer: Never.

Longer Answer: Really, Never.

All of this is why I'm focusing on a couple of small things:

  • Paying off my modest home
  • Building up CA$H reserves - those that are under MY control, not the bank's
  • Prepping - not only food, water, and other consumables, but also tools and equipment
  • Helping my family to do the same
  • Re-building the local connections (after having lived out of the state for many years, I've lost touch with a few people)
  • Improving fitness (yeah, I know - I'm one of the MANY who vow to do that, every year - then don't)
  • Getting any necessary medical conditions dealt with
  • Stockpiling a 6-month supply of meds; locating sources, once those are nearly depleted
I think it's clear to any thinking person that we ARE going broke. The only question is, when will the slow-motion collapse begin to accelerate? And, what will trigger the bug-outs in the smarter people (before the unprepared and panicked respond by turning highways into parking lots).

We might, indeed, get lucky. We might stop the decay, shore up the financial system, trim the fat in government, and return to a saner world.

But, probably not. So, HOPE and PRAY for the best, but PREPARE for the worst.



No comments:

Post a Comment