Monday, November 12, 2012

How to Attract the Young to the Conservative Side

This young woman voices some legitimate concerns.

One thing that COULD be done is to get to the leading edge of marijuana legalization.

Understand, I don't like it.  I never used it.  I know those of my generation that were heavily involved generally made little of their lives, at least while it was a large part of those lives.

But, I do understand the attraction of the legalization movement.  With more states getting on board with it, it seems useless to continue with prohibition.

So, legalize, tax, and cross your fingers.

Maybe out best efforts ought to be spent on getting people to consume substances in moderation.  I don't hold out much hope for that, you understand.  In America, moderation is NOT the norm.

I imagine that my grandparents felt much like this in 1933, when Prohibition was due to end.  Resigned, but NOT liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment