Sunday, September 11, 2022

The 'Sleepers' Among Us

I'm referring to this new twist on RINOs - the people who are flat-out NOT a Republican, but is lying about their past - with the copious assistance of social media 'scrubbers'.

Now, I'd planned on putting this post on Liberty's Torch. However, difficulties with loading the dashboard led me to put this here. I'm hoping that the issues will be resolved soon.

But, back to the issue - what do we do about this takeover of the GOP apparatus?

Third party always SOUNDS good - but, as we've seen in the past, that's a high barrier to success. The rules for getting on the ballot in every state have deliberately made very unfriendly for those attempting to accomplish that goal.

We've TRIED to reform the GOP. A lot of good that's done us. With the timeline so short for the midterms, we're probably stuck with the GOP, for now.

But, there is time before 2024.

There are, to my knowledge, no third party organizations that appear on all 50 states - with the exception of the Libertarian party.

The actual votes for that party, in local, state, and national elections, is quite low. The hard-core members are NOT on board with the mainstream GOP. I expect that any attempt to do to them what the RINOs/sleepers have done to the GOP are doomed.

And, for me, that's OK.

I don't want to co-opt them.

I want to affiliate with them.

I want to establish a working relationship with them; we'll put up our most electable candidates under their umbrella, with their agreement, and, in return, we'll work out a platform that allows BOTH groups to get the top 5 of their most urgent concerns, RELATED TO NON-SOCIAL/CULTURAL ISSUES, addressed after 2024. This can be a time-limited affiliation.

I think it's likely that the hard-core GOP members for whom social/cultural issues are paramount will resist. I would expect getting their cooperation would be a hard-sell.

However, there are many unaffiliated voters Leaning Libertarian, who could be persuaded.

Do I think keeping the Dobbs status is worth fighting for? Sure. It's a workable decision that returns those laws to the states. And, to be fair, it would probably be worth it for Libertarians as well, as it allows local organizations to have a larger impact - although, for many of them, completely getting government out of the process is better.

I do believe that most of the LP would agree with that plan. In that, perhaps I'm optimistic, but I have to believe that working out a way to have a larger influence on national affairs would appeal to the members of the LP.

Whatever the answer, it's clear that the GOP is - or should be - dead to us. Their record is black with betrayal of principle.

1 comment:

  1. Makes $440 to $500 per day Οnline work which I received 14,000 us dollars in one month online performing from home. I’m a daily student and work just one to a strive of hours in my spare time. Everybody will do that and online raise extra cash by simply
    using this article.. Www.Profit97.Com

    ReplyDelete