Friday, August 5, 2022

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good - I'm making good process this week on my AHIP Medicare Recertification course. I'm (crossing my fingers) planning to finish by mid-August. That will leave me time to individually certify for all the carriers I represent, order my materials, and get ready for the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP).

That's escpecially Good, because I'd been deflected from finishing earlier by life and family issues (and, to be honest, a little lethargy/depression).

The Bad - I'm still more than a little overwhelmed by work on the houses (both), physical rehab of my shoulder and knee, poor radio reception issues (the same issues have also affected over-the-air TV reception as well), and the fact that I haven't been able to shed the weight I've gained since injuring my shoulder.

The Ugly - I seem to be lurching from one family crisis/problem to another. My sister's ankle is still keeping her from putting weight on it. It was a VERY bad break, necessitating surgery, and the time she has spent relatively immobile is driving her nuts. 

I was helping out yesterday and allowing my brother-in-law to catch up on sleep - very important, as he has been carrying the load by himself for most of this time. We're all hoping that my sister gets the go-ahead to put some weight down on her ankle sometime in the next month or so. She needs to return to her normal levels of activity ASAP.

On the positive side, this accident has forced her to re-evaluate her current housing situation, and decide on a move to more senior-friendly housing as soon as she can put some weight on the ankle. That means, one floor plans, in a quieter neighborhood, with (hopefully) some yard space in the back, for her garden and her dog. I plan to provide some of the driving for that search.

I really need to have some of these issues settled by AEP. That's an intensive period of work, and I won't have a lot of time to run around the state on errands of mercy.

I'm going to have to make some time to exercise regularly - I really cannot afford to add physical issues to the rest of this.

1 comment: