Saturday, December 24, 2022

Holiday Roundup 2022

It's hard to believe that it's nearly the end of another year. I had so many intentions to get more done, both in the house, and in my hobbies.

But, no. I did make SOME progress:

  • I've improved my general physical condition. I now go up and down stairs with little difficulty, now being able to alternate legs in the process. Previously, I had to take a step, then put the other foot on the same step, just as a child does when first learning to navigate stairs. My knee issues were that great. I've also added to the distance I can walk with ease. For all that, I credit the re-homing of my daughter's dog, Chino. Having to walk him several times a day has forced me out in even marginal weather, and led to regular exercise.
  • My house is in better shape. When my husband has breezed into town to drop off more 'stuff' from the other house, I've called over my grandkids to help me put things away in the attic storage area or basement. I've also managed to handle most of the chores and tasks involved with the house with little assistance.
  • I made it through another AEP (Annual Enrollment Period) for Medicare and Marketplace/Obamacare plans, this time with no major health issues and in a way that allowed me to file and clear up the paperwork in a timely fashion.
  • My dog and I survived his brutal attack by a pit bull. It took 2 operations, over a month of nursing by me and - when in town - my husband, but he is mended almost completely, and recently had an appointment to bring his shaggy, neglected coat into reasonable shape. His spirits are good, he is enjoying exploring the neighborhood, and he no longer jumps at loud sounds or nearby cars.
  • We survived over 6 hours without power, in one of the most brutal cold snaps I've experienced in years (Temps in the single digits all day, wind chill around 50 below). The family even cancelled the birthday breakfast we'd planned for my grandson, as the weather service was warning people not to go out unless it was absolutely necessary. The dog kept his outside potty trips to a minimum, pulling to go back inside just as soon as he finished. Just as we were getting our stuff together to head over to my daughter's house to get access to heat, we experienced our own little Christmas Miracle - the lights flickered on!
And, catching up on news of the world:
And, a VERY Merry Christmas to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment