Monday, June 3, 2013

Reading Right Now

I've been reading To Set the Record Straight: How Swift Boat Veterans, POWs and the New Media Defeated John Kerry, by Scott Swett and Tim Ziegler. I'm a little over 1/3 of the way through it, and I can't put it down.

It is a chronological history of the process of how the Swift Boat vets got started, how they mobilized vets to provide their contribution to the book and website, and how the Kerry campaign responded to their refutation of his "story" - and, story it was.

Some of this, I had heard about during the campaign; most of this was new to me. If all that you have heard about Vietnam was that it was an unpopular war filled with dastardly American war criminals - I urge you to read it.

One down side of the Kindle is that you can't easily lend someone a book that you have enjoyed, as you can with the physical copies. Very little conservative reading is available at libraries or through e-book loans. I'd like some latter-day Conservative Carnegie to set up a matching donation program - for every dollar raised locally, a matching amount would be donated to improving the library's collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment