Thursday, May 11, 2023

Are We There Yet?

Not yet. We seem to be getting into place, just waiting for the spark.

Keep in mind, this is not a one-way rachet. It may take some back-and-forth to push Americans to the wall. At that point, it's Fight or Die.

Few of us would initiate a fight. Most of us would work very hard to avoid a confrontation from which we cannot walk away.

But, the time may come. I'm planning as though it may come at any time - for that purpose, we store up food, water, and emergency supplies. Not necessarily guns and ammo - that's a personal decision.

Find or develop some skills that might make you useful, should there be a disruption of civil services:

  • Food prep or food gardening
  • Being able to rig/supply equipment for safe, clean water
  • Communications - ham radio, both with the handhelds and with HF (long-distance) equipment would be good
  • Use of drones - there are programs to train you to handle them correctly
  • Neighborhood security - that may, in some cases, merely be knowing your neighbors and making sure they are safe and supplied. Might be experience with spotting IEDs or other issues - I have little doubt that the Left will use any means to achieve their goals - they have already demonstrated that they will use clubs and incendiary devices to wreck havoc, destroy property, nd assault anyone who stands in their destructive way.
  • First aid/medic capability/training/EMT
  • Use of defensive tools - preferably, knowing when NOT to use them
  • Fitness to handle physical work
  • Leadership experience
Note, I'm not suggesting a training camp to drill people on weapons and ways to kill. MOST of what will be needed will be support for people in the affected areas - IF it is needed (the current tyrants and their accompanying thugs may just run for the hills).

It's possible that the whole shebang may collapse with hardly a shot fired on either side.

Who knows? But, as a former Girl Scout, I know it's better to Be Prepared.

Not me, but that was the uniform I wore. The newer ones are tan.

I took my oath seriously. I threw myself into the experiences as best I could.

I would expect no less today, however much I've aged. And, my husband, a former Boy Scout (Order of the Arrow), who learned the camping skills over many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment