Friday, November 25, 2022

I Feel Like Typhoid Mary

Nov. 20 - I'm coughing. That's an artifact of my asthma, aggravated by a recent cold.

I'm not contagious. The only damage is to my lungs, which have become irritated by this extended attack.

I'm currently on a round of steroids. That, along with consistent meds and lots of vitamins, should bring me through this mess.

However, a cough causes genuine fear in people today. They pull their masks up, back away, and look at me as though I was a serial killer looking for a new victim.

It's a cough, people! It is meant to clear my respiratory system of any remaining mucus and enable me to breathe freely. I can't control it, I can't stop it, and it will NOT send you to the hospital.

It's 2 years since this all started. When will it end?

Update: it’s the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 25, and my respiratory issues appear to be about over.

I found this article on Front Page Magazine. It’s worth reading. I knew the rough outlines of he Pilgrim’s story, but had never heard of the Pilgrim-Wampanoag Peace Treaty that was signed on April 1, 1621, by Massasoit and leaders of the Plymouth colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment