Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Nudge - The Idea That Human Beings Need to Be Treated Like Irrational Animals

I read Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness.
I actually BOUGHT it (which is generally against my principle to never give a Leftist One Thin Dime). But, I wanted to be able to understand one of the foundational books underlying the Leftist Viewpoint, so I decided the exception was warranted.
It was amazing, to me, to see the contempt and disdain for the average person so openly stated. The Leftist Elite really do think that The Normals make their life choices through mindless, irrational whim - aided by the equally worthless opinions of Other Deplorables.
Many of today's modern programs aimed at corralling those NLDs are a direct outcome of that kind of thinking. The Left deliberately uses FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) tactics to create conditions that will allow The Left to force people into a pathway contrary to their best long-term interests.
I was reminded of that book when reading this post in American Thinker. Keep that all in mind when trying to plan your children's educational future (or, your own). That trade school/vocational pathway may prove to be a better choice. Less money spent, greater opportunities for employment (including self-employment).
And, a whole lot of reduction in indoctrination.

No comments:

Post a Comment