But, is that reality - or a carefully crafted misleading of the American people?
[caption id="attachment_1037" align="alignleft" width="275"] Lovable Lil Socialist[/caption]
Let's start with his record on Free Speech - he's against it - at least when it comes to speech HE and his Progressive Friends don't approve of, like the right of corporations to lobby for their interests, those opposing Conventional PC Thought, or those who would dare to disagree with the Fashionable Left.
Sanders was against American involvement in Vietnam - BUT, it was NOT because of his deep love for humanity - like most Progressives/Leftists, he averted his eyes to the atrocities of the South Vietnam bloodbath after the Americans left.
[caption id="attachment_1038" align="alignleft" width="278"] Not As Far Left As Bernie[/caption]
Honestly, if you want to know just how Bernie will destroy America, just look at this list:
- Rebuilding Our Crumbling Infrastructure
- Now, this could be CHEAP - ONLY $ 1 trillion!
- Reversing Climate Change
- He wants to "transform our energy system away from fossil fuels and into energy efficiency and sustainable energies." He thinks the Federal government should weatherize our homes - last time I did so, I paid for it myself. Guess that makes me a chump, doesn't it?
- Creating Worker Co-ops
- He likes the idea of workers owning their business in common with their co-workers. So much for job mobility, diversifying your investments, or not taking your work problems home with you.
- Growing the Trade Union Movement
- Now wait a minute! I'm confused - is he anxious to make workers fat-cat bosses, or angry proles?
- Raising the Minimum Wage
- "The current federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour is a starvation wage." Can't wait until those worker-owners hear that demand!
- Pay Equity for Women Workers
- "Women workers today earn 78 percent of what their male counterparts make." De-bunked repeatedly.
- Trade Policies that Benefit American Workers
- He will "develop trade policies which demand that American corporations create jobs here, and not abroad." Can't wait until he finds out that the President does NOT control every business in the USA. Which, if he wins, will be VERY few.
- Making College Affordable for All
- This is too amazing to cut short - here it is, complete. "In today's highly competitive global economy, millions of Americans are unable to afford the higher education they need in order to get good-paying jobs. Further, with both parents now often at work, most working-class families can't locate the high-quality and affordable child care they need for their kids. Quality education in America, from child care to higher education, must be affordable for all. Without a high-quality and affordable educational system, we will be unable to compete globally and our standard of living will continue to decline." So, in addition to taking over the cost of college, the federal government will also pay for child care. At least, the Institutional Kind of Care - not that sweet grandmotherly woman who watches your kids now.
- Taking on Wall Street
- "The function of banking is to facilitate the flow of capital into productive and job-creating activities. Financial institutions cannot be an island unto themselves, standing as huge profit centers outside of the real economy." Boy, oh, Boy! I guess no one has let him know where the majority of the money the Democratic Party has came from!
- Health Care as a Right for All
- "We need to establish a Medicare-for-all, single-payer system." Ya' think we should let him see the figures for Obamacare? Better not - he might stroke out.
- Protecting the Most Vulnerable Americans
- Except for those oooky little bundles of tissue. Those Americans only live due to the benevolence of their Parental Unit - the XX ones. Or if both are XY, the most Twinkly one.
- Real Tax Reform
- " It is not acceptable that major profitable corporations have paid nothing in federal income taxes" - however, it IS acceptable that almost 1/2 of the working age population pays NOTHING, and is a net beneficiary of government money.
From all of this, I'll bet that you have figured out that "Uncle Bern" is unlikely to receive my vote. In fact, I think it's a fair bet that Al Sharpton is likelier to get my vote.