What do I mean? For many, self-identification is a gateway to relationships, self-esteem, cultural and religious affiliations. Their friends all agree with them politically - "arguments", for these people, amount to a spirited discussion of tactics and interpretation, not any kind of attempt to put forth the reasoning behind their stands. OF COURSE, all rational people agree on general principles:
- Abortion is ABSOLUTELY necessary (not exactly wanted, but needed for their personal fulfillment).
- Conservatives are stupid. Even if they have degrees, publications, or high IQs, they are stupid.
- Religion is OK, but must be tepid, willing to bend to more "modern" ideas, and not inhibiting any sexual activity that the adherents really want to engage in.
- Your sexual identity is NOT determined by your DNA or exterior body, but by how you "feel". And, although Liberal women would be OUTRAGED by a biological and identifying man in a women's locker room, a biological man who identifies as a woman is PERFECTLY OK.
- Your racial identity is determined by whether you have a single Black ancestor - at that point, no matter how White you look, you will always be Black. Those people (Southern Democrats) who originated that "One Drop" rule? TOTALLY racist.
- Money is horrible when someone has worked hard to earn it, but wonderful when they have inherited it from an ancestor who earned it - at least, if they are Liberal. If their ancestors were Conservative, it is still horrible, and government should punish them by taking it away.
- Power concentrated in the hands of elected Boards of Directors is just one more example of the Oppressors in action.
- Power concentrated in the hands of non-elected Boards composed of family members and friends of the organization, as long as they fund Liberal groups, is just peachy.
- Adultery is:
- If committed by Conservatives, grounds for firing, shaming, and forced removal from office/employment/any influence whatsoever.
- If committed by Liberals - oh, those Rascals! How adorbs! Look, a Conservative trying to make Liberals face the same consequences - GET those prudish Conservatives!
- Falls like precious pearls from the lips of Liberals. Don't you DARE say that they are lying!
- Cannot be found in the vicinity of Conservatives - they ALL lie.
Can you use FACTS to change these preconceptions?
All of the above stem from an emotional attachment to Liberal Values. It is a given of their thinking that all virtue stems from their Liberalism. They are good BECAUSE they are Liberal. Conservatives are bad BECAUSE they are Conservative.
Although emotionalism is often a trait of women, many Liberal men fall into that category. It seems to be a trait encouraged by the Liberal/Leftist Power Structure - they HAVE to base their politics on emotion. If they used their brains, they would be Conservatives.
Jeanine Turner has some advice on how to talk to Liberals.