Too often, history is written by supporters of the leading party. In present day, history taught in schools is SOLIDLY controlled by Liberal/Leftist teachers, and written to reflect that slant.
Therefore, what children learn is:
- Washington, Jefferson, and almost all of the other WHITE Founding Fathers were racist, sexist, and, generally, Bad Guys. The ONLY reason for the "3/5ths" clause in the Constitution is that they ALL Hated Black People.
- After those early days, the only presidents worth mentioning are Andrew Jackson (man of the people), Abraham Lincoln (we won't mention his party affiliation, but we LOVE him because he abused the Constitution to keep the Union together), Teddy Roosevelt (another unmentionable party, but not REALLY - he was a Progressive! Which is a Wonderful Thing!), and Wilson (REALLY smart - an honest-to-God PhD - and we LOVE his League of Nations idea, which only failed because of those BAD Republicans, who like to see helpless creatures die grisly deaths, among other failings. They love him MOST because he was a Progressive).
- Then, after a period of prosperity (for some STRANGE, unknown reason, it coincided with a series of Republican administrations ), we have The SAINTED FDR (who, just like Wilson, trashed the Constitution), followed by Cold Warriors (including Truman, who, although a Democrat, had the unfortunate habit of not always kowtowing to Communists), followed by Another SECULAR Saint, JFK (he had to be a Secular Saint, because he sure wasn't all that Catholic, according to his family), LBJ (Bad-Good - Bad on Vietnam, Good on the Great Society), The VERY BAD - in fact, E-V-I-L Nixon (Yeah, the Progressives went all Impeachment on yo' a$$!), Ford (Eh.), Carter (there are no words to describe how bad a president he was, except to say that he and Obama are neck-and-neck for the ABSOLUTELY WORST!), Reagan (Boo! Hiss! Yet, amazingly, the economy improved and the debt lessened under his administration - and, foreign relations were terrific).
- Then, Bush I (Eh.), Billy Boy Clinton (who managed to eclipse JFK for sleazy, tawdry actions - in his case, both in and out of the bedroom), and Bush II (neither as bad nor as good as his enemies and friends say).
- And, then, there's Obama. Who:
- Took office under the cloud of probable primary and election fraud.
- Proceeded to mis-manage the economy so badly that we're still mired in unemployment, low GDP, and national debt.
- Blithely ignored the Constitution (What, exactly, was he supposed to be an expert on?)
- Handled corruption and other impeachable offenses by grandly declaring that he, and all his people, were completely innocent, even before the investigation began. Then, proceeded to block those investigations. Then, again declared that there was nothing to the charges.
- Has a backside that is covered in layers of lipstick from the Mainstream Media. Still enjoys telling them to shut up, and take his word for everything. They still grovel at his feet.
- Has stirred up more racially-based hatred than ANY president, including Woodrow Wilson, who segregated the Federal government. His take on current events: If you're Black, you could be my son. If you're White, why are you even talking - you know you're a Hater!
One bright spot is the recent fictional books by Rush Limbaugh, which are intended for young people to learn more about the United States' history, not as they are often taught in school.
I'm convinced that it will be the efforts of SEVERAL generations to remove the Leftist detritus from our culture.